Tafseer Session Six – 5 July 2015
July 7, 2015
The sixth session in a special monthly series of Duroos (lessons) on the Noble Qur’an.
In this session, Shaykh Mahmood Chandia discusses Ramadhan as a month of victory. What is it about this blessed month that led the Muslims to victory?
Among many other incidents, Shaykh briefly talks about ten major battles in which the help of Allah Ta’ala manifested itself.
Shaykh Mahmood Chandia has been teaching Tafseer at Darul Uloom Bolton for almost 20 years.
Delivered at Masjid e Salaam, Preston
Click here to Download (42.6 MB)
(PC/Mac Users – Right click and select ‘save link as’ to download)
- Ramadhan: Month of Victory
- Two occasions where it was feared Islam/Muslims will be completely wiped out
- Door to Jannah for a fasting person: Rayyan
- Rayyan – Something that quenches thirst
- Why so many victories during Ramadhan?
- The strength Allah has given a normal fasting person
- 1. Battle of Badr [2 A.H] : Landmark victory
- 2. Preparation for the Battle of Khandaq (Trench): Rasulullah ﷺ had two stones tied to his stomach [5 A.H]
- Musa عليه السلام: “O my lord, reveal to me your essence.”
- The Du’a of a fasting person
- The Taqwa of a fasting person
- 3. Conquest of Makkah
- 4. The expedition of Tabuk
- Four Major Incidents – Among the dates considered for the start of the Islamic Calender
- 5. The Battle of Qadisiyyah (Persians)
- 6. Island of Rhodes (Romans)
- “And it is an obligation/duty upon us to help the Muslims.” Obligation?
- 7. Gibraltar, Spain [Jabal Tariq: Mountain of Tariq ibn Ziyad]
- How is this all relevant to us?
- 8. Defeat of the Mongols by the Mamluks led by Sultan Qutuz: ‘Ain Jaalut [500 A.H]
- 9. Crusades: Salah ud-Din Al-Ayyubi
- 10. Battle of Hittin
- Yunus’ عليه السلام story: “And in this way we will give security/safety to the believers.”
- Power of Istighfar: Story of Imam Ahmad رحمه الله